Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Transitions


School is starting and although in my family we are all either too old or too young to buy school supplies and backpacks and go back to school this fall, we are still transitioning none-the-less.  Our babysitter for the last year, Allison, is getting married and going to the U. of U. full time this fall.  She has been great and my kids will miss her so much.  Today is their first day back at Susan's which will be fun for them as well.  (And hopefully not too awful for Susan.)  I'm hoping they behave and Asher takes a nap without too much drama. 

Randy and Allison say good-bye to Asher
In other news, I went to see "Eat Pray Love" with my mom, sister and Aunt Carol last Thursday.  I loved it.  I loved the book so much.  But it was really fun to see all those amazing places on film.  I thought to myself I would never leave Italy's food and men to go and pray all alone in India or even Bali.  But I'm glad Liz G. did because it was cool to see those other places. 

On Friday we spent the day swimming at Emily's (or Izzi's Grandma's house) as Addie says.  The kids had so much fun running and playing on the trampoline and in the pool.  I had to drag them home and they fell asleep in the car right at 5pm of course.  (The worst time for a nap). 

Saturday I went for a long long long run with my Dad in the morning.  He came up to my house and we took off South along Holladay Blvd past Tuscany and up through the Old Mill to Porcupine Grill and then South along Wasatch and looped around some neighborhoods in Sandy and then back up through Roselands and Walker Lane and Cottonwood etc.  Wow!  I could not have run a step further and when I got home and mapquested the distance it was only 18.5 miles!  I really can't imagine running another 7.7
Saturday evening we left the kids with Dani and went to Mark's B-day Party BBQ.  It was fun to relax and eat really good food and hang out and catch up with Mark a little bit. 

Sunday we went to visit Gma and Papa Mac in Ogden.  Isaac stayed home from church (with his cold) and made a roast and potatoes and everything else we needed for dinner and then we took it all to Ogden and ate with them.  It was great to visit and see them. 

Monday Sam Eads came over for dinner.  I haven't seen him since last summer in Rhode Island before he went to Afghanistan.  So much has happened since then and it was such a relief to see him and hug him in person and have him close by for just a few hours.  Of course, he can't stay for long.  It's off to Ukraine, India and Egypt...S Bogom Sammy.


No comments: